Chiseled Face Pine Tar Artisan Bar Soap, 4oz
Nothing beats a homemade soap!
- The soap’s simple-form ingredients refresh and revitalize skin.
- This bath soap, like all our soap formulas, will have your skin feeling healthy and smooth.
- The ingredients in this soap come together to create an incredible scent that you will love every day.
- Use this soap however you choose. It’s gentle enough for your face and powerful enough to be used in the bath.
PINE TAR: First off, lets get one thing clear – if you are looking for a fancy smelling soap, this is not the one you are looking for. This soap has no added scents, colors, or anything else. It’s pine tar and natural saponified oils. Just soap and Pine Tar. It doesn’t smell fancy – after all, it is tar!
What does it smell like? You’ve probably encountered pine tar, or something that smells like it at some point. Have ever done one of the following:
- Been on a tall wooden sailing vessel on a hot day?
- Applied some pine tar to the handle of your bat before stepping up to the home plate?
- Used railroad ties to make a flowerbed?
- Taken a trip to the La Brea tar pits?
- Rolled your window down while driving on a freshly paved road?
If you have, you know what this smells like (though the last three are asphalt and not pine tar, the smell is similar). It’s not a fresh, clean pine forest scent, but a warm, dirty, gritty scent associated with hard work and callused hands.
What is pine tar? It’s a natural tar extracted from pine tree roots by heating or burning it in oxygen reduced atmosphere. Today most people only know it as the substance baseball players use to get a tight grip on their bats, but it has a far more colorful history than that. It has been used to waterproof tall sailing ships, and to treat the rigging ropes against rotting while in use. It has been used as an antiseptic, and a treatment for skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea.
Does it actually cure skin diseases? We have no idea, and we don’t advertise that it does. However pine tar soap has been made and loved for well over 100 years, and after using it, we are not surprised – it’s really good stuff. If pine tar soap worked for grandpa, it works for me too. Note: Our pine tar is made using a closed-kiln process and as such is creosote-free.
Our handmade natural oil soap formulas are fastidiously crafted to deliver a gentle, skin-friendly soap that offers a rich lather and leaves your skin feeling healthy, smooth, and brilliantly fresh.
Just because you are a man, doesn’t mean you can’t take care of yourself. Don’t buy a “bath bar” that can’t even legally call itself a soap – get a chunk of good old fashioned soap, with a clean masculine scent. Wash off your day’s funk so you can start tomorrow – or tonight – fresh and clean.
This bar of soap can be used in the bath, for your hands, or for your face. It’s soap. It cleans what’s dirty.
- 4oz bar in a drawstring bag
- Ingredients: Sodium Olivate, Aqua, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palmate, Sodium Castorate, Fragrance, Sodium Lactate
- Simple form ingredients: Olive Oil, Water, Coconut Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Fragrance, Sodium LactateChise
Ingredients: Sodium Olivate, Aqua, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palmate, Sodium Castorate, Fragrance, Sodium Lactate Simple form ingredients: Olive Oil, Water, Coconut Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Fragrance, Sodium LactateChise
Maggard Razors will make every effort to ship out orders on the same day placed before 12pm EST Monday-Friday. On Saturday, most parcels should ship if placed before 10am EST - otherwise it will ship the following Monday. Orders will be shipped in the order in which they are received. If it is an unusually busy day your order may be delayed no more than 1 business day.
Unused items (except samples) may be returned within 10 days for a full refund or store credit. For orders that qualified for free or reduced shipping, if a return causes the resulting total order size to be under the free shipping threshold (currently $55.00), the actual cost of shipping we paid will be reduced from your refund. Used products may not be returned, and all sales are final on Samples.