I'm avoiding the aspect of the scent because....well. I suck at describing them, but I can say that this is a nice, bold, deep, smooth, warming scent.
So let's get to what counts the most....
After at least 2 weeks of continuous use, and the review notes being taken from the latest session which involved both a face and head shave. Here are my key highlights .....
- VERY easy to load a brush with. About 10 seconds with an un-bloomed, non-dripping 2-band badger knot.
- VERY easy to build a lather with. I get to where I like to within a few minutes.
- Has a wide water retention span, without breaking down.
- Lather holds strong. I was still able to add a little water and produce more volume on the final pass......(as in, the final face pass - touch up and buffing after 2 full passes) ( only needed to re-load the brush for a few seconds, to get the 2-pass head shave done)
- Protective and really absorbs into the skin and hair (There are VERY few that I'm comfortable using when it comes to an ATG pass. This stuff works for me)
- Residual slickness is very secure. I've only recently started head shaving and being that you can't see every spot, I consider r.s to be a crucial aspect. Honestly, there's very little difference between a lathered pass and a follow up pass.
- Post shave feel is very moisturizing.
I'm sure there are others out there, but for the 'wallet-friendly' price point and unique scents, this has to be considered top-tier for an overall product.