Vintage ca.1946 Gillette Gold Aristocrat /w Case, Blades & Original Box - MINT
This ultra rare Gillette Aristocrat razor appears it has never been used.
A few things of note:
- The razor itself appears to be a 1946 -- however, there is no printing inside the top cap. Normal 1946/7 Aristocrats had "PAT NOS. ON PACKAGE" printed on the top of the base plate, but, this one is smooth. This would seem to indicate a very early 1946 model. There is one that is found on mr-razor.com that was submitted by Keith Anthony that appears to be similar.
- The blade holder is open-back and has the imprinted pattern on it like some of the other 1946 models; but not the one submitted by Keith Anthony.
- 9 of the blades are sealed shut, but I carefully opened the 10th and found that the blade was marked L-4. I repacked the blade into it's wax paper & outer blue wrapper. That means the blades seem to be from 1941. My guess is that the blades were likely leftover from manufacturing that happened before the war, and Gillette was still using them in these early 1946 sets.
- The original price tag and informational tag is included, as is the original paper outer box.
- The paper box has numerous tears that have been taped together by a previous owner. The bottom of the box is marked "379" probably by the original store owner that sold this (MSRP was $3.79).
Luxurious and uniform original gold plating.
A wonderful addition to someone's Gillette collection.
ANY questions about this razor feel free to reach out to us @ email@example.com
Maggard Razors will make every effort to ship out orders on the same day placed before 12pm EST Monday-Friday. On Saturday, most parcels should ship if placed before 10am EST - otherwise it will ship the following Monday. Orders will be shipped in the order in which they are received. If it is an unusually busy day your order may be delayed no more than 1 business day.
Unused items (except samples) may be returned within 10 days for a full refund or store credit. For orders that qualified for free or reduced shipping, if a return causes the resulting total order size to be under the free shipping threshold (currently $55.00), the actual cost of shipping we paid will be reduced from your refund. Used products may not be returned, and all sales are final on Samples.